Inspired by Google Images UI a3 Portfolio is an image based creation and management extension for every blogger, artist, photographer, and web developer to showcase their own and clients work.
Simple to use
- If you know how to use WordPress posts, categories and tags then you know how to use a3 Portfolios.
- Portfolio Items are custom post types.
- Portfolio Categories (custom WordPress taxonomy)
- Portfolio Tags (custom WordPress taxonomy)
- Portfolio Custom feature data
- Each Portfolio item has its own image gallery (add multiple images to each item).
Item Features Cards with Expander
- Portfolio page, category Pages and Tag pages show Portfolio items as Cards.
- Item details show on click in Google Images inspired Expander item.
- Each Item has its own image Gallery
- Option to set the number of item cards to show per row.
- Option to show Item title on mouse over item card or under the card
- Option to show first part of description on Item cards
- Option to set the number of lines of description text to show on the cards
- Each Item is created as a post
- Set default posts to show as 1 column or 2 columns (Gallery to left and content to the right)
- On each post edit page use the Item Meta to customize the layout of that post (over rides global settings)
- Portfolio Item gallery manager in post meta
- Option to set width of the Gallery main image on item post.
- Option to show thumbnails beside main image or under it on item post
Visiting the demo site is the quickest way to see the frontend features of the a3 Portfolio. Note Demo site has the Free a3 Portfolio Isotope Add-On plugin installed plus Add-on plugins for showing available add-on features.
- a3 Portfolio Category widget for easy navigation
- a3 Portfolio Tag Cloud widget
- a3 Portfolio Recently viewed items widget.
FREE a3 Portfolio Isotope Add-On plugin
After installing a3 Portfolio please install and activate the a3 Portfolio Isotope Add-On. It is a FREE Add-On plugin that greatly enhances the Portfolio, Category and Tags page Items main images sort and filtering. It creates a real wow factor with the Portfolios for your site visitors.
- Isotope is a js. that is subject to a Commercial License which we have purchased.
- WordPress could not allow us to include the script into the a3 Portfolio core because of the Isotope commercial license.
- From the a3 Portfolio plugin admin dashboard go the Add-Ons Menu
- Click on the Get This Extension button on the Isotope plugin card.
- The link will take you to the Free Downloads section of the a3rev site.
- Register an account or if you have an existing a3rev account - use it to log in.
- Once logged in you will see the License Key and a Download Plugin button.
- Click the button and you will be asked to acknowledge that we supply the Plugin to you at no charge and that you are aware of and agree to be bound by the Isotope developers Commercial License terms and conditions.
- Copy the License Key and download the plugins zip file to your computer.
- Use the WordPress plugins installer to upload the zip from your computer.
- WordPress will unpack the zip and install the plugin.
- Click the activate link and on the page that opens and enter the Key you had copied and validate the License.
- If you have any existing Portfolio items clear any caching on your site and in your browser so you can see the beautiful Isotope sort and filter of the portfolio, category and tags pages.
- Notice that when you click on an item the expander now opens over the rows below and does not push them down below the expander window.
- Note the Isotope Add-On Key is a lifetime key for an unlimited number of site activations.
- Once installed visit the a3 Portfolio Add-on menu to find a catalogue of plugins that will extend the functionality of your portfolio.
- HTML5 card Architecture - responsive mobile and tablet display.
- Fast loading with built in Lazy Load for all images.
- Lightweight - Portfolio resources only load on Portfolio Post items, Portfolio page, Category and Tags pages.
- WordPress Multi site ready.
- Full WMPL compatibility
- Backend and frontend support for RTL display.
- Translation ready
Strength & flexibility
a3 Portfolio is built using WordPress best practices both on the front and the back end. Clean code, all classes commented. An efficient, robust and intuitive plugin.
a3 Portfolio works with any theme, including the default WordPress themes. Built in hooks and filters allow developers to create extensions with a robust template structure for easy customization.